Undo reconcile

I messed up when reconciling today … I entered my statement balance wrong, and then proceeded to do the reconciliation, adding a “correction” transaction to make up for the difference. Now I need to somehow fix this and I can’t figure out how.

Is there some way to just completely un-do the reconciliation? I need to basically wipe out today’s reconciliation only, and go back to the way it was before I screwed up, so I can re-do it with the correct statement balance.

I’m not aware of a way to undo it as a user, but if you delete the “correction” and then reconcile again with the correct balance it should resolve the problem. You can also manually change entries from Reconciled to Cleared or even Not Cleared, but that would be a much more labor-intensive process and I think the simpler way would work.
Hope that helps!

Well, I tried a few things, and it just seemed to make things worse.

So I ended up doing a complete reset and starting over.

Hello, I have a follow-up to a similar case.

Over the past few months I have done the manual re-do. The other night I was doing my reconciliation, which is almost updated to present time, and accidently selected the wrong year. So, my amounts are correct but the year is off.**

Is there a way to continue or reset the clock? I don’t want to go back through years of reconciling again…

@alex

Hope I caught you on the other post—you should be able to just re-do the reconcile with the current date and it will override the one with the incorrect date. Hope it helps!

Unfortunately did not work.

What are you seeing? If you’ve reconciled everything to 0 and now put in a new date, but don’t change any of the data, it should just accept the new date and you would be set. What’s happening when you reconcile now?