Reconciliation Error

I’m trying to reconcile my goodbudget account with my bank account. My bank only provides me with 3-month statements. I’m experiencing this error:

I’m working with the minimum amount of transactions that I can reconcile.

1 Like

Goodbudget does have a maximum number of allowable transactions per reconciliation and it sounds as if you’ve exceeded that number. Does the balance in the reconciliation tab show zero, even though it won’t let you finalize the process? If so, I may have a suggestion. If you log directly into your bank account, can you see a running total within the account? For example, in the screenshot you can see that the balance on 14 Apr was 70.70. You could use a date midway through your billing cycle and use that day’s final balance to reconcile, then do the rest of the quarter with a second reconciliation. It can be a little tricky if the transactions that posted near that day are off by a day or so, but you should only have to look at a few to get it straight.
It’s a bummer that you only get a quarterly statement with a lot of transactions because the process is tricky that way.
Hope that helps a little!!
image|515x500

Hi Tiffany, thanks for your help. It took me a while, but I was already doing what you suggested. But it is just a bummer - because it’s already a manual process (which I completely understand), and this makes things worse.

Before, I could reconcile much more months at once…