Possible to have only positive balances rollover?

I would like to have my envelope balances rollover only any remaining positive amounts each month. For example, if eating out is -$10 at the end of the month and I normally allocate $20 each month, I want it to be $20 after my auto fill, not $10…but if I had a balance of $5 at the end of the month, after it refills I want it to be $25. Is this possible with some sort of automatic transaction(s)? Or will I just need to keep doing what I’m doing now and adding manual transactions at the end of the last day of the month to bring any negative balance up to zero before “add” auto fills happen on the first day of the month?

I don’t think you can do it. You may be able to be more efficient with your work-around though. Are you actually adding manual transactions (more than one) to bring the negatives to zero?

One thing I’m thinking is to go to your “add” autofill, before it posts, and change all of the negative categories to “set”. Then it will do what you want when it posts. Unfortunately you don’t seem to be able to change the add/set function after it posts.

2 Likes

What you are asking for is not possible, they would have to code a feature that allows an “Add” if balance is positive or a “Set” if balance is negative. You will have to manually adjust the negatives to zero before your fill happens.

You can make that easier by doing a “Fill from Unallocated” and just going down the list clicking “Set” on any envelope with a negative balance. This will bring them all to zero at once rather than doing separate transfers or fake transactions for each one.

1 Like