Need help with weekly budget

I can’t find a way to track my budget. We’re paid on the 1st and 15th. We do our budget so it fits into our pay schedule, so week one is the 1st through the 7th. Week two is the 8th through the 14th and so on. All I can find is how to set it up weekly to start on a certain day of the week. That, of course, fluctuates monthly depending on what day paydays fall on. Oh, and because most months have more than 28 days, we have a partial week at the end that gets a partial budget. Are we too complex for GoodBudget?

Thanks

Hi Teresa_M,

Thanks for posting. You’re right that Weekly budgets in Goodbudget start on a specific day of the week, rather than on a specific date. That does make it difficult when trying to match it up with a pay period that does follow a specific date and a different schedule (i.e. Semi-Monthly).

One of our recommendations is for folks to set their Primary Budget Periods to match their pay period. In your case, you’re paid semi-monthly, so it might be more straightforward to also use that as your Primary Period. That way, when you’re paid on the 1st of the month, you can fill up your Envelopes and pay from them throughout that two week period. When the 15th hits, you’ll start over by adding income and refilling your Envelopes.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Karisa