Multiples account

Can I create multiples account?

With the free version, you’ll just have one account to work from, but if you want to track many accounts and envelopes you’ll be able to with a premium subscription. It’s very inexpensive and IMHO well worth it! I keep 25 accounts and 45 envelopes in my primary household, and have a second household for our home abroad with four accounts and about a dozen envelopes.
That said, if all you want to do is follow a budget with a few categories (not reconcile your accounts), the free version will be everything you need. You can enter all your income into one big pot and use it to plan your expenses.
Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
Can I work with euros?
Can I import items (data) from excel ?

1 Like

The program is currency-agnostic, but working with multiple currencies is tricky. I have accounts in euros, pounds and US dollars but I have to do a lot of gymnastics to convert between them. If you’re staying in any one currency it’s very simple.
You can also import data from a .csv file if it’s formatted correctly. If you’re importing from a bank and have the option to use Quicken files, I find them the easiest. But yes, you can import from a spreadsheet too.

1 Like

Thanks for trying Goodbudget! You can learn how to import with CSV files here: https://goodbudget.com/help/using-accounts/how-to-import-csv/

I have the premium subscription, but I can’t see where/how to set up a separate account for my son within my household. Or to set up a separate household within my account.

Your GB account is the same as a household, i.e. there is only one household per GB account.

Premium allows you to create multiple money accounts (e.g. checking, savings, cash, etc) within your household, but they all aggregate together into the same pile of money.

If you want a separate household for your son to keep his pile of money and envelopes separate from yours, he needs a separate GB account.

2 Likes