iPhone App amount calculator

When I used the GoodBudget App on my android device, there was a handy calculator that popped up when I was entering the amount spent on a new transaction. This calculator was particularly useful when I was splitting the transaction into multiple envelopes. Now that I am using the App on my iPhone this handy calculator is no longer available. Am I missing something? I now have to use the calculator that is on my phone to add the amounts and calculate taxes, and then jump back onto the GoodBudget App to fill in the transaction. This is very tedious. I would love a work around.

1 Like

First you enter the total amount, then you select the envelopes, starting with the “split into multiple” option at the top. Now you should see a list of envelopes in the transaction screen. Just start entering amounts and the app will fill the last one with the remainder.

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble! I believe the calculator was default to that Android keyboard, so it’s not available in the iPhone app. @kschedler’s workaround is your best bet!

On your iPhone, you can replace the default keyboard.
I tried this and I can add numbers and assign to GB amount.

2 Likes

@karisa are you sure?

I too miss this function coming from Android. I’ve used GB in multiple android devices, all with the same calculator pop-up, in green goodbudget style - and that NEVER happened in any other app or website, so I don’t think that is an android/keyboard specific thing. It really seems like a GB feature.

In my case I used the handy in-app calculator when I had a shared expense - you know the total and as I am inputting into the app I will just split it by the number of people who paid to know exactly my share. Also it is useful for adjustments like when you get a partial refund you can just open the edit window and the calculator will pop up and you can easily subtract what was refunded from the value you already had there. Ofc you could do this by opening the calculator app separately, but the goodbudget calculator makes it so much easier and faster to do it. Talk about user-centrism!

I use this calculator all the time in the Android GB app and it’s very useful. It’s definitely a GB Android app feature.

1 Like

Any chance the team could take this request to have the feature in iOS too? I really miss it every time I use the app now that I changed to iOS.

I’ve noted your request in our tracker for future consideration. No promises, of course, but we’ll keep this space updated should we decide to work on this.