Income vs spending report

Last month I started Goodbudget. I entered my income and I entered my spending. This month the same. But when I look at the income vs. spending report it’s showing that I spent money this month but didn’t earn any. What am I doing wrong?

That’s odd—it should be showing both. A couple troubleshooting ideas: Did you record an “income” transaction and not just a credit? Are your report date parameters set to include the whole month? And is your income reported with a February date? If so, you should be seeing it as income and may need the Admins to take a look.

1 Like

I have the same or similar problem. All worked till December 2023. After that it recorded only some income but not all of it, even though I entered it as income. I double checked. I record (and have so done before Jan 2024), income going into 2 checking accounts, and some gets transferred into the “family” checking account. It’s a little bit of a bummer since I’m really trying to get back into the habit of updating regularly and staying within budget to get financially ahead this year.

I seem to have this problem right now only for January & February 2024. March 2024 the report for Income vs Spending is correct.

Hi there, sorry for the troubles. It’s a lot easier to troubleshoot if we can see into your household and how you have things set up – can you email us at support@goodbudget.com with your login email? We’ll be able to dig a little deeper that way.

Sure. On the app, btw, the problem persists for Jan, Feb, Mar; whereas on the pc it seems to work for Mar, but not for Jan & Feb. Thanks, I’ll shoot you an email.