How can I exclude envelopes from reports?

Hello,

I have recurring expenses (i.e. rent) that I want to track - though because of their relative size, distort all of the reports.

What is the suggested path towards generating reports that exclude certain envelopes?

-p

It’s not possible to easily exclude Envelopes from the Reports, as I’m sure you’ve seen…but perhaps you could do a workaround using Envelope Groups?

If you put Rent (and any other Envelopes you want to exclude) in its own Group, that should auto-sort all of the remaining Envelopes into an Other Group. Then, in the Reports, you should be able to use the Envelope filter to select that “Other” Group, which will return you a Report showing the group of Envelopes that excludes the Rent+other Envelopes.

1 Like

Hello, I am facing same problem. It would be nice to be able to exclude or include certain envelopes in the reports. I am using groups already, and use them to categorize my expenses. Now I want to see report for a few categories (groups), but not all. Using “other” group for your expenses is not the best workaround for me. Can you please request your product team to consider this feature for implementation? Several budgeting apps support this, and its a very basic functionality.

Since this is just the user forum, the best way to make suggestions to the Admin team can be found here.

1 Like