Envelope totals reflect scheduled fills - is there a way to turn that off?

First off: a huge thank you for all of the help a couple of months ago when we were first trying to set up our goodbudget. Thanks to the awesome forum, we have been happily budgeting since then. I’m hopeful you can do it again!

I have scheduled envelope fills to reflect upcoming paychecks every two weeks, but it gets a little confusing since my envelopes show the total of all the scheduled fills rather than my current period. For example, if I know I want to add $100 to my grocery envelope every two weeks, and I schedule envelope fills for the next 2 months, my envelope shows a balance of $400 rather than just $100. Is there a way to change this setting? Scheduling the fill is very helpful since I can be forgetful and we’re several days into the pay period before I remember to do it manually; but I don’t want to accidentally spend money I don’t have. When I’m on the computer I can see a balance in the small print under the latest transaction, but haven’t found a comparable aid on the phone (and that’s not especially convenient in any case).

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am not seeing this. I just created a scheduled fill for new income that adds to one of my envelopes and the balance shows correctly in both the iOS app and the web site.

Are you sure you have checked the “Schedule this” box? it sounds like you are just giving a future date to your fill rather than actually creating a future scheduled fill.

1 Like

Oh goodness, I feel so dumb. That’s exactly what I was doing. Thank you so much for your help once again!!