Bi-Monthly Bills

I’m trying to get set-up and running into a lot of issues because it is so different than Mvelopes. Mvelopes didn’t split envelopes up into Monthly and Annual. These seem to be the only choices though so how do I deal with bills that come Bi-monthly or once every 3 years? In Mvelopes you just set a monthly budget amount for everything so I just figure out what the monthly amount would be to have it when I needed it, but now do I set-up bills that I pay every 2 months as monthly and then split the amount in half? Do I set-up bills that I pay every 3 years as annual and split it in thirds or do I split everything out into monthly and not use the annual. It just seems very confusing that there isn’t more options (or I guess alternatively everything monthly)

I just saw that the Annual Envelope section has an option to pick every 2 months or 3 months or 4 months so that takes care of most of the question.

1 Like

Glad you found the other Envelope frequencies! There’s not necessarily a single best answer for the longer term bill, but personally, for a bill that only comes every three years, I would do exactly what you’ve suggested – make it an Annual Envelope but with a budgeted amount of 1/3 of the total amount due.

1 Like