Added Bank Sync and now have duplicates

We have been adding transactions as we spend for years; previously, I just downloaded and matched them for my CC and Checking. I was so excited about bank sync. However, they missed a big one! I now have duplicate transactions, and it’s a mess! Please match existing transactions as you did when we manually uploaded them. I have to change back for now,

5 Likes

We’ve just released bank sync and are now gathering feedback on bugs and requested enhancements. I’ve added your vote to add a matching feature for automatically synced transactions to manually posted / scheduled transactions to our requested features list.

Thanks for your feedback.

2 Likes

I experienced the same duplicates issue. Before I was able to match transactions already entered with an uploaded CSV file. However, now that option is missing and unconfirmed duplicates are created. Note that this is on an account that is not using Bank Sync. I would like to have the matching feature for manually uploaded CSVs back.

2 Likes

Experiencing the same issues! We have lots of recurring transactions that get now get recorded as duplicates. They are extremely useful to keep as recurring because they help us know what bills are coming down the pike and budget accordingly. A matching feature for automatically synced transactions would be extraordinarily helpful!

2 Likes

YES. This has been a disaster for me; I’ve spent hours of my life unsnarling things since Bank Sync started. I’m so frustrated. :frowning:

2 Likes

You can’t do both; I had to have them downgrade me.

How did you downgrade? They don’t respond to me. Be with GoodBudget since the beginning and have never been this unhappy with the product or support. I am ready to cancel. This is a complete disaster.

2 Likes

I opened a support ticket and requested that downgrade. It took about 5 hours.

1 Like

Support seems to have fallen off overnight. GB support was AMAZING in the past…… what happened?? I’m certain it’s not the support employees. My guess would be an increase in customers without a proper increase in support staff.

1 Like

They released a product that goes against the entire purpose of budgeting. When you spend it, put it in the budget. That’s how they taught us, and then they tossed this over the fence.

2 Likes

This was a big miss that I look forward to seeing GB correct. I like the addition of the technology - but not having an automatic matching feature fundamentally changed the GB approach of envelope budgeting. Envelope budgeting is what sets GB apart to me, because you are pre-planning just like putting cash in real envelopes, and all transactions are supposed to be entered as they happen. A bank connection that functions in a way to replace manual entry should not be the goal - that’s a fundamental shift! The bank connection should be geared to 1) facilitate reconciling with the bank and 2) catching a missed entry. That’s what I thought it would be when I switched. I certainly don’t want transactions entered for me a day or two after real life - that would be “late and reactive tracking of money already spent”, not the thoughtful pro-active “envelope-checking-before-spending” budgeting method where GB shined.

2 Likes

Can you tell us when the matching feature could be rolled out? If it comes soon, maybe we can keep Bank Sync and wait. If it will be a while, what’s the best way to revert back so we can get out from under the duplicates? Thank you.

Update: I’m manually matching for now, which isn’t so bad in the account view. Auto-matching would be nice - but, at least for me, not too bad for now - as long as downloaded transactions stay out of envelopes.

1 Like

As for me, I think I’m not ready to downgrade yet. Want to give them a chance to correct it and will just manually match for now. I think I can simply delete the downloaded transactions if I already have one entered. They are easy to spot since they don’t have an envelope assigned. It’ll still help me catch something I missed entering. Going to ride this wave a little longer while GB investigates. That’s my plan for now.

I’ve been a pretty happy customer since 2014.

I didn’t realize this was such a new feature. I would like an update on when the auto imported transactions will be matched against current scheduled transactions.
The algorithm just needs to be similar to the CSV import, which does a decent job of checking.

Like others here, I’m willing to give the product a chance, but until this feature is added the Premium product doesn’t work for me and I don’t want to pay the Premium unless I’m using it.

thanks.
Hope to hear a response from Goodbudget on this thread.

3 Likes

I have noticed they aren’t actively asking people to upgrade anymore. Hopefully, this means a fast fix is coming.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with folks here…this was a big miss not having the sync’d transactions MATCH up with entered transactions like the manual import functionality. For my day-to-day spending transactions, I may keep going with the Sync product to see if it helps overall. Clearly, will have to ignore all of the scheduled transactions like envelope fills on pay days across several accounts.

3 Likes

Can we get an update? Is this being worked on?

2 Likes

I just upgraded to the premium subscription to test out this bank sync feature. From what I’m hearing there is no “matching?” This does seem to be counterintuitive to the GoodBudget (Envelope Approach). I’m going to keep the premium subscription, as I think auto adding transactions helps save time. Will have to see how this affects my overall budgeting.

2 Likes

Any chance we can get an update on this? The new sync feature is nice for making sure we don’t miss any transactions, but the lack of ability to match manual transactions is a big problem for us. I don’t want to downgrade because we love GB and will happily give you more money for more features… but the lack of manual matching is a dealbreaker for us.

If you let us know it’s on the roadmap and currently being worked on, we can be patient (because I know these things are always way more complicated than they seem to the end user) but it would be great to know if progress is being made.

1 Like

@becky please add my vote to add the matching feature. Without it, we will be forced to cancel Premium and delete everything from when we upgraded to current. We are meticulous with GB and now I open it and am confused, both with the duplicates and the inability to do matching.

Was the functionality Beta tested at all?