Changed envelope order but app didn't change

I changed the order of the envelopes on my computer (put fixed envelopes at the bottom of the list) but the old order is still showing up on my phone app.

Hi Cary – sorry for the confusion. If you’ve ever changed the order of your Envelopes on your phone, even if you changed them back afterwards, your phone will save a new order that’s distinct from the website and will not sync to the website order in the future going forward.

If you’d like to remove that custom phone Envelope order, shoot us an email at support@goodbudget.com and we’ll get you sorted.

Hi Alex,

I’d like my envelopes to match too after updating the order on my computer - I think I’ve always sorted out the order on my computer, but it’s possible I’m not remembering an instance of sorting envelopes on my phone. In either case, I’m going to email you to help me get my envelope order on my phone to match the one on my computer!

Got it, I’ve just seen and responded to your email, so let’s chat more there!

IPhone

To reorder Envelopes on your iPhone, head to the Edit Budget page by going to the Envelopes tab and tapping on the ‘Edit’ button in the top left corner. On the line containing each Envelope, you’ll see an icon with three stacked horizontal lines to the right of the budgeted amount. Tap and hold on that icon and you’ll be able to drag Envelopes into new positions.